Saturday, February 2, 2013

Testing Complete

Today, I finished testing the last recipe for my cookie cookbook. The recipe was a little strange: it had 4 cups of flour, but the only liquid was 2 eggs and 2 tablespoons of milk. The reason it worked is that it called for 1 cups of melted shortening. The batter was still very dry, almost crumbling, but the cookies turned great as you can see by the following picture:

Uncle FLoyd's Sugar Cookies

Don’t they look good? I ate a couple but will give away the rest.

I tested 20 cookie recipes and each one was delicious. I liked some better than other, but my all-time favorite is my Mom’s recipe for Pumpkin Cookies. Right up there with that is my Aunt Ruth’s Sugar Cookies.

I hope it doesn’t take me too long to get the book ready for publishing on Kindle. I think I’ll also have a website where people can get a .pdf file of the book.

Well, time to take a break – maybe even a nap – since I didn’t go to sleep until about 4:30 this morning and got up and 7:30. This old gal is dragging, but I still managed to make the cookies and a big pot of chili – what a great meal for a cold night.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment