Saturday, February 11, 2012

Exodus 36 – 38 and Forty-Five Years Ago Today

Exodus 36 – 38

I bet most pastors who read the first few verses of Exodus 36 wish they had the same problem that the craftsmen complained to Moses about: “The people have given more than enough materials to complete the job the Lord has commanded us to do.”

Moses told them not to bring any more gifts for the sanctuary and they complied. Most of the rest of these chapters deal with the building of the Tabernacle and its contents and the Ark of the Covenant.

Did you notice how everything was built to be portable? It was also crafted according to the instructions God gave Moses.

Tomorrow, it’s the final two chapters of Exodus: 39 - 40.

Forty-Five Years Ago Today

Forty-five years ago today, also on a Saturday, Mark and I were married at the Ansonia Christian and Missionary Alliance Church in Ansonia, Pa – not too far from Wellsboro, PA. It was a snowy, very cold day, although I don’t think either of us noticed the weather. Days like this are somewhat bittersweet. Wonderful memories of that day vie with Mark’s absence from my life. However, as each day passes, I’m that much closer to the day I will again see him and all of my loved ones who have gone before.

Farmer Kathy Strikes Again

This morning, I planted a Jalapeno pepper plant and a yellow bell pepper plant in the Grow Bags I ordered from Gardener’s Supply. It’s an ingenious way to grow stuff and I' can’t wait for the peppers to start coming. Did I mention how much I like Jalapeno peppers?

Here’s a picture of the plants after I got them all ready to go.

smIMG_0391

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment