Monday, March 15, 2010

A Beautiful Day for Downsizing

Yesterday was a beautiful day for downsizing. The temperature was perfect and the sun shone all day. The wind was blowing hard or it might not not have been so pleasant.

Where I live, we only have a place to dump junk furniture, etc during a very limited period. Well, on Friday, the junk dumpster was delivered so I decided to tackle my shed. My cousin Richard and my friend Karen and I took my rocker/recliner down on Saturday and yesterday, I probably made 10 – 12 trips there with my tricycle, the basket filled with suitcases, old card tables, etc. etc.

It was difficult to get rid of some of this stuff. I finally discarded a record cabinet – yes, for phonograph records – Mark and I bought it the first year we were married. It was a somewhat flimsy cabinet that we had patched, but had been sitting in the shed since Mom and I moved here more than 6 years ago. I certainly would have no room for it in my travel trailer.

Today, if it is still nice out, I will continue my determined downsizing. I’ve got to get a handle on what’s in the shed that I will be taking with me – mainly, tools. It will probably take me another day of cleaning out, but will be well worth it. I imagine it will take another whole day to sort out the tools. Over the years, Mark and I collected a lot of them, starting with a huge set of Craftsman tools that I bought Mark for Christmas the first year we were married. I imagine I’ll probably only get rid of duplicates.

Well, I guess it’s time to get a little work done in the house before I start on the shed again.

Until next time…

1 comment: