Friday, March 12, 2010

Getting Settled

Last night was my first night alone here at home. All I can say is that it was really weird. Since I didn’t need to leave a night light on anymore, the house was much darker than I’m used to. That may be why I slept so well.

I’m currently in the process of moving into what was once my Mom’s bedroom. It’s at least twice the size of my old bedroom. Until I started moving, I never realized how many clothes I had. It’s going to take some time getting used to their new location.

A Big Thank You.

My brother Ray, his wife Margie, my brother Jeff and his wife Kathy were here for several days. In spite of the circumstances, we had a wonderful time together. We rarely get to be together like this. Not only did we have some great conversations, but they worked so hard while they were here. It doesn’t seem right to just say thank you to them, but it’s about all I can do. I was glad for the help in packing up Mom’s stuff. As you can imagine, we found some interesting things in her drawers, including the Dish Network Remote Control.

I also want to thank all of you who have sent cards and emails with wonderful messages of prayer and support.

Well, it’s time to get back to work. I hope to settle my new bedroom completely today, but it’s going to take some time.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment