Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Numbers 28 – 30 and Laundry Day

Numbers 28 – 30

Numbers 28 and 29 reiterates the offerings the people of Israel were to present to the Lord: daily offerings, Sabbath Day offerings, monthly offerings, Passover offerings, Festival of Harvest offerings, Festival of Trumpets offerings, Day of Atonement offerings, and Festival of Shelters offerings. All of these offerings gave the Israelites a very physical way to worship the Lord. Each time they offered their sacrifices, they acknowledged the Lord and His care and provision for them. But what of their hearts? People have an amazing ability to go through the motions.

The thirtieth chapter goes into a little more detail about vows made to the Lord, especially by women. Essentially, if you make a vow to the Lord, you must do exactly what you say you will do, although there are some provisions for daughters and wives that would make it possible for the woman to not fulfill her vow.

Tomorrow, it’s Numbers 31 – 32.

Laundry Day

Today, I went to my cousin’s and did my laundry. Someone had to be at his house to meet the air conditioner man because Richard had to go to the doctor in St. Petersburg. I was nominated.

I was glad to get that done.

Heard from my sister-in-law that my brother-in-law, who was recently assaulted by a rogue log, had to have his gall bladder out. Fortunately, they didn’t have to cut him wide open.. I know he would appreciate your prayers.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment