Wednesday, February 5, 2014

New PlantsArrived Early

The seven plants arrived yesterday - a day earlier than I expected. They were in little paper bags and wrapped like this.Going from left to right: 3 Okinawa Spinach plants, Tea plant, Coffee plant, Cranberry plant, and Vanilla plant (an orchid)



Since I plan on putting the Okinawa Spinach in my Square Foot Garden, I just unwrapped the plants and stuck them in this divided container until they get used to being outside. I'll probably plant them tomorrow.


This is a close-up of the tea plant all potted and ready to grow. I set all of the new plants in my carport out of the direct sun.


This vanilla plant is actually an orchid which can grow as much as 90 feet long



A close-up of the Cranberry plant.


I don't even drink coffee - what was I thinking?

Isn't this exciting? Can't wait until I start seeing some results, although most of these have to grow 3-5 years before any results other than growth will occur.

I just checked my Jiffy Grow Container where I had planted my Pomegranate seeds and ,finally, I have 4 sprouts. Since I found the Pomegranate bush at Lowe's, this is isn't so important, but I guess you can't have too many Pomegranate bushes.


I think the secret was that I put the container on top of my refrigerator where it is much warmer. So glad I watched the YouTube video that suggested this.

Time to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment