Saturday, July 24, 2010

Safe Arrival, The Marietta Diner and Salt – written 7/23/2010

Today was a big day. I drove over to my brother’s house and my sister-in-law Kathy drove the two of us to Atlanta airport where we picked up my sister-in-law Esther, who will be attending our niece’s wedding tomorrow and then traveling home to Florida with me.

We didn’t have to wait very long, but I telt you, I’m so thankful Kathy was willing to drive over. it was a long drive and the airport entrance and parking garage were very confusing. Since she’s been there several times, she knew just where to go.

Then, once we got back to Jeff’s, Esther and I drove to Marietta. She needed to pick up some stuff at WalMart – I told you about the necessity of going to that store on a regular basis. We stopped for lunch/dinner at the Marietta Diner where Esther had a Philly Cheese-steak, French Fries, Onion Rings (2 rings, one of which she shared with me), and a bowl of Lemon Chicken soup. I had the Gyro Platter which came with French Fries and a small… ha! ha! … Greek Salad. We both had to bring back leftovers.

After trying to find the movie theater to see what was on and when, we eventually gave up and just drove over. Incidentally, it’s called the Parkway Pointe AMC Theater, if you’re ever here and need to call. This is in spite of the fact that it’s at the Cobb Galleria.

Having about an hour before our movie began, we visited Borders bookstore, where I didn’t buy anything, but Esther bought one book.

I was excited to learn that Randy Wayne White, one of my favorite authors, just had a new book published called Deep Shadow. When I got home tonight, I ordered it on my Kindle and can now read it as soon as I get a  chance between finishing the novel I’m reading and reading the Lewis and Clark journals.

Esther and I saw the movie Salt starring none other than Angelina Jolie. It was a fast-paced thriller with so many twists and turns, you’ll have a time keeping track of what’s happening. Now, anyone who knows me realizes that I am easily entertained, but that doesn’t mean I don’t know a great movie when I see it. And this is a great movie!

We had talked about going to the Marietta Diner for dessert afterwards, but neither of us was hungry. That was NOT due to eating too much popcorn since we didn’t have ANY popcorn. However, we did each have a large drink and when I say large, I mean huge – much larger than the drinks they serve in the Regency 20 in Brandon. They have the appearance of a 50-gallon drum, but probably don’t hold quite that much.

Anyway, if you get a chance to see Salt, please don’t hesitate. It doesn’t have any bad language, but there is some violence. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment