Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I Kings 7 and II Chronicles 4 and Safe Arrival

I Kings 7 and II Chronicles 4

Wow, did Solomon ever build a lot of stuff! The Temple took him 11 years to build, but his palace took 13 years. Both places were huge. Could you believe it?

This Huram-abi or Huram whose mother was from the tribe of Dan and whose father was from Tyre was quite the talented craftsman. We first read about him in II Chronicles 2, where we were told that Hiram from Tyre sent him to Solomon as part of their original deal. He did all of the metal work for Solomon. In addition to being a master metal craftsman, he also worked in stone and wood, in cloth and engraving and could “follow any design given to him.

Did you notice that when the description of Solomon’s living quarters was given, the text mentions that Solomon also “built similar living quarters for Pharaoh’s daughter whom he married?”

I would have loved to see the Temple and Solomon’s palace; just the description was almost more than I could take in.

Tomorrow, it’s I Kings 8 and II Chronicles 5.

Safe Arrival

Today, I left for my brother Jeff’s at 5:08am and arrived safely around 1:30pm. I thought I would have to travel through a lot of rain, but it was beautiful the whole way. The traffic was light and I saw no accidents – very unusual.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment