Friday, December 14, 2012

Acts 27–28 and Almost Done

Acts 27 - 28

Today, we finish the book of Acts. In just 17 more days, we will have read the entire Bible. Has your life changed as a result of this reading? It is my contention that you would have to change even if you didn't notice the changes. After all, the Bible says God's Word will not return unto Him void.

As Luke's account draws to a close, it is apparent that he accompanied Paul on his enforced journey to Rome. Paul was in the custody of a Julius, captain of of the Imperial Regiment, who was so "very kind to Paul" he let Paul go ashore at Sidon to visit with friends "so they could provide for his needs."

On the way to Rome, there was not only a terrible storm, but Paul had a visit from the an angel of the Lord, who assured him neither Paul nor any of the others would lose their lives in the storm and that Paul would surely stand trial before Caesar. Once again Julius shows how much he cared for Paul.

After Paul is bitten by a poisonous snake but remained unharmed, and then prayed for Publius's father to be healed, all of the other sick people on the island came to be healed also.

The Christians in Rome were so exited to hear that Paul was coming that they cam to meet them at the Forum on the Appian Way. Paul was allowed his own private lodging but was still guarded by a soldier. Paul lived in Rome at his own expense for two years, preaching the gospel and teaching about the Lord.

Tomorrow, we'll read Colossians and Philemon.

Almost Done

I’m making fair progress on transferring my programs and files from my ailing laptop to my new computer. What a nightmare, though. On top of that, I’m feeling kind of sickly: swollen glands and like someone has been beating me up. I think my contention with Windows 8 (which I hate) hasn’t improve my general outlook, but I shouldn’t grumble.

I made my first Herbalife sale today. Hopefully, there will be many more fairly soon. I love the products and really look forward to helping others lose weight by using the products. After all, who wouldn’t want to eat two shakes every day and lose weight.

It’s also been a little chilly here and I’m sure that hasn’t helped me feel any better.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment