Tuesday, December 18, 2012

I Timothy and Computer News

I Timothy

We've seen previously Paul's great affection for Timothy, whom he calls his "true son in the faith." From verse 3 of chapter 1, we can see that Timothy is in Ephesus and is urged to stay there by Paul so that he can "stop those whose teaching is contrary to the truth.

Paul's humility is made so clear when he says, '"Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners"--and I am the worst of them all.' The fact that Paul persecuted Christians bothered him a lot and, everywhere he went, he was reminded and even accused of what he had done. He was not trusted in many places and by many Christians because of that very past.

Paul gives Timothy a number of specific instructions related to his ministry to the Ephesian church. We would do well to heed these.

Tomorrow, we'll read Titus.

Computer News

I’m still struggling to bring my new computer up to speed. I spent about 4 hours today trying to update my TomTom. I finally got it working. I’m now working on getting my Adobe Photoshop Elements and Adobe Premier Elements.

It hasn’t helped that I have been feeling sick – coughing and that all-over beaten-up feeling. I am feeling a little better, though. I actually felt alive most of the day today.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment