Tuesday, December 4, 2012

II Corinthians 1 – 4

Today it has been ten years since my husband Mark passed away. I can’t tell you how comforted I am whenever I I read the last two chapters of I Corinthians. Paul speaks of God as the source of all comfort in the first chapter of his second letter to Corinth, how he comforts us in all our troubles so we can comforts others. And because God comforts us, we can comfort others.

Did you notice that Paul talks about how being crushed and overwhelmed beyond his ability to endure caused him to rely only on God, who raises the dead.

The resurrection of Jesus empowered the early church as it should empower us. When things look their darkest, remember that God resurrected Jesus from the dead. Place your confidence in God and he will continue to rescue you as he rescued Paul.

Paul also knew the power of prayer.

Tomorrow, we’ll read II Corinthians 5 – 9.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment