Friday, April 27, 2012

I Chronicles 6 and Some Leather Work

I Chronicles 6

This chapter covers the Levites, i.e., the descendants of Levi – the priests and people who worked at the temple. Again in the chapter, we have a reference to when the people went into exile.

First, did you see the reference to Asaph in verses 39 and 40? Asaph was first assistant to Heman (I doubt it is pronounced He-man, but who knows?) who is described in verse 33 as “the musician … from the clan of Kohath and he was a descendant of Samuel. Heman and Asaph, according to this chapter, were “to lead the music in the house of the Lord after the Ark was placed there. They ministered with music at the Tabernacle until Solomon built the Temple of the Lord in Jerusalem.” How great is it that “they carried out their work, following all the regulations handed down to them.”

There is also some discussion of the towns and pasturelands assigned by sacred lot to the descendants of Aaron since they were not assigned their own territory.

Tomorrow, it’s Psalm 81, 88, 92, 93.

Some Leather Work

I made some notepad holders for my sister-in-law, Kathy, and her mother, Grace.

This is the front cover of the one I made for Kathy:

smIMG_0476

The back cover:

 smIMG_0477

And this is the one for Grace:

smIMG_0475

The inside of both look like this:

smIMG_0479 

Tomorrow is my niece Kristian’s wedding, but I should be able to post a blog from our hotel.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment