Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Samuel 9 – 12 and All Done

I Samuel 9 – 12

Today, we meet Saul as he meets Samuel. In short, Saul was a hunk – the most handsome man in Israel and taller than anyyone else in the land.

Saul runs into Samuel while chasing his father’s donkeys. His servant had heard of Samuel and thought Samuel would be able to help them with the donkey situation. Little did Saul know that Samuel knew about him and his coming before he even got there for Saul was the man the Lord had chosen to be king over Israel.

It was amazing to me the little things that Samuel knew – the donkeys had been found. He also told Saul, when he sent him on home, about people he would meet along the way, that he would prophesy, that Saul would become a different person.

As you probably know, the true test of a real prophet is that everything they say comes true.

Saul was mighty in battle and lead the Israelites successfully against the Ammonites. When Samuel anointed Saul king in a solemn ceremony in Gilgal, he effectively turned over the leadership of the Israelites to Saul. Samuel, God’s faithful servant, gave up his role as judge, making it clear to everyone that he had served honorably. The people agreed. If only Saul would do the same!

Tomorrow, it’s I Samuel 13 – 14.

ALl Done

Today, I finished the Kindle case I’m making for my sister-in-law Margie. I think it turned out pretty well and would post a picture, but I’d like her to see it first. It’s better than the first one I made since it has a pigskin lining. I also put that basket-weave design on the back of it, whereas I didn’t put anything on the back of the first one I made. I sure hope she’ll like it.

This afternoon, I made some potato soup. For the first time, it actually came close to tasting like what my mother used to make.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment