Sunday, April 29, 2012

I Chronicles 7 – 10 and My Niece Kristian’s Wedding

I Chronicles 7 – 10

The genealogy of the tribes of Issachar, Benjamin, Naphtali, Manasseh, Ephraim, and Asher are covered in I Chronicles 7 and 8. In chapter 9, we learn about the people who returned from exile in Babylon (though how this is chronological is beyond me) came and settled in Jerusalem, some from Judah, Benjamin, Ephraim and Manasseh. We also learn the names of some of the priests and Levites and musicians who returned from exile.

A genealogical account of Saul’s family is also included in chapter 9, followed by an account of the death of Saul in I Chronicles 10. In this account, Saul falls on his sword and dies. He is not killed by the Amalekite who reported it to David. In case there is any doubt about why Saul lost his kingdom, consider the last two verses of this chapter: So Saul died because he was unfaithful to the Lord. He failed to obey the Lord’s command, and he even consulted a medium instead of asking the Lord for guidance. So the Lord killed him and turned the kingdom over to David son of Jesse.

Tomorrow, it’s Psalm 102 – 104.

My Niece Kristian’s Wedding

Be sure to check out my album on Facebook to see the pictures I took at my niece’s wedding. I just wish I had remembered my real camera and not had to take the pix with my iPhone.

Kirstian’s mother sent me this picture of her:

IMG_0508

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment