Monday, January 9, 2012

Job 21 – 23

Job responds to Zophar’s latest criticisms by pointing out that the logic in his argument is unfounded. He asks him why the wicked prosper. He speaks of the wicked and the righteous “both are buried in the same dust, both are eaten by the same maggots.” He then demands in 21:34 “How can your empty clichés comfort me? All your explanations are lies!”

Now, Eliphaz starts doubling up on what he said before, even to the point of naming the sins Job must have committed:

  • Lending money to a friend but demanding clothing as security
  • Refusing water for the thirsty and food for the hungry
  • Sending widows away empty-handed
  • Crushing the hopes of orphans
  • His lust for money

Job again says he wants to talk with God (Job 23:3-4: “If I only knew where to find God, I would go to his court. I would lay out my case and present any arguments.”) He insists he has stayed on God’s path.

Tomorrow we will be reading Job 24 – 28 (Job 25 is only 6 verses.)

Lunch with Esther

Since I had to go to Tampa drop off some documentation for my nephew David, I called Esther and arranged to meet her for lunch. My niece Jane has hurt her back and didn’t feel up to joining us. We had a great lunch at Luigi’s on Gandy east of Himes.

David is looking into switching my electrical system in my camper so my 12-volt DC stuff will work even if the 120-volt AC power is off.

well, I think it might be time for a nap.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment