Saturday, September 1, 2012

Ezekiel 18 – 19 and Premium Rush

Ezekiel 18 – 19

Ezekiel receives a message from the Lord that basically says the child will not suffer for the sins of his father, that each will be judged according to their own actions. Considering how the Lord treated the leaders of Israel and Judah for their own sins, this should not come as a surprise to us.

The Lord also makes it clear that he does not like to see wicked people die and that if people repent and turn from their sins, he will find themselves a new heart and a new spirit.

Chapter 19 is a funeral song for the princes of Israel.

Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Ezekiel 20 – 21

Premium Rush

Today, Karen and I went to see Premium Ruxh starring Joseph Gordon Levitt (Tommy on Third Rock from the Sun). The movie is about bike messengers in NYC. What a great film! The chases – mostly involving a car chasing a bike – were incredible.

Messenger Bag

Yesterday, I carved and stamped an image on the cover of the messenger bag I’m making in my most recent leather class. It turned out pretty well. This is a picture of what it looked like before I colored it.

smIMG_0562

Here it is after I colored it. The color is called chocolate cherry.

smIMG_0564

I may give it another coat before I go back to my class.

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, your leather work is so nice! Richard and I just love this Roadrunner, you have done a lovely job on it!

    First time I saw a real live roadrunner was when I lived in AZ (where I met Richard)!!

    We have a few roadrunners around our place here in TX. Just love watching them!

    Take Care,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete