Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Ezekiel 28 – 31 and My Dear Friend Carolyn Parks

Ezekiel 28 – 31

Ezekiel continues his prophecy against Tyre and Sidon then predicts the return of Israel: “The people of Israel will again live in their own land…For I will gather them from the distant lands where I have scattered them.”
He then goes on to predict the fall of Egypt and the conquering of Egypt by Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon.
Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Ezekiel 32 – 34.

My Dear Friend Carolyn Parks

Just as my leather class was about to begin this afternoon, I received a call from Saundra Parks Waugh, my dear friend Carolyn’s daughter. As I suspected when I saw who was calling, she was calling to tell me that her mother had passed away.
I’ve known Carolyn and her husband Dave Parks since 1968 when Mark and I moved to Canandaigua, NY. Dave has been gone a little while and Carolyn hasn’t been the same without him.
My friend Patti Woodard and I used to tease Carolyn that we were going to kindergarten when she was entering college. We used to get together all of the time. We traveled together and used to kid my husband Mark that whenever he drove, we would always end up in a snowstorm. It was true often enough.
One time. we visited the Turtle Museum in Niagara Falls, NY, and on the way home it snowed so much they closed the NYS Thruway and made us get off. But Mark always got us home safely.
Now, Carolyn is really home safe and secure in the arms of Jesus. She no longer has to worry about falling. She no longer has to wonder who it is that’s visiting her. She is no longer lonely for her precious husband Dave.
We, on the other hand, who love her, will miss her greatly She was a joy to know – as gracious and giving and kind as anyone I have ever known.
I know I will miss her and look forward to the day when I see her again in heaven. I wonder if she and Dave will fall asleep playing Euchre in heaven. Hmm…
Rest In Peace, Carolyn.
Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment