Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ezekiel 20 – 21 and My Completed Top Hat

Ezekiel 20 – 21

Today’s reading covers the time when the leaders of Israel came to Ezekiel to request a message from the Lord. Amazing how specific the Scriptures are about when this happened “on August 14, during the seventh year of King Jehoiachin’s captivity. The Lord asks through Ezekiel how they dare ask him for a message and says he will tell them nothing. He has Ezekiel to review the history of the Lord’s relationship with the Jewish people, how he gave them chance after chance and, at almost every turn, they sought out idols made with human hands.

It must have been hard for Ezekiel to prophesy against Israel, to tell them the Lord was their enemy and that he was about to unsheathe his sword to destroy them – the righteous and the wicked alike.

Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Ezekiel 22 – 23.

My Completed Top Hat

A few weeks ago, I started a top hat in my leather class. Yesterday, I finally finished lacing the brim to the hat. I think it turned out pretty good, though I have no idea how I’m going to make use of it. If you know of anyone who wants or needs a top hat, let me know. I’ll let them have it at no charge. Since I learned some new techniques, I got my money’s worth just making it.

smIMG_0578

 

 

This afternoon, I will probably work a little on my unfinished motorcycle tool bag or I may just take a long nap..

No comments:

Post a Comment