Saturday, September 8, 2012

Ezekiel 38 – 39 and Stitching Up a Storm

Ezekiel 38 – 39

In today’s reading, Ezekiel receives a message from God to prophesy against Gog of the land of Magog, the prince who rules over the nations of Meshech and Tubal. He warns that he and all of his many allies, including Persia, Ethiopia, Libya, Gomer and Beth-togarmah, will be punished with disease and bloodshed, torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and burning sulfur. In this way, the Lord will show his holiness and greatness == then they will know that God is the Lord.

They and all their armies will die on the mountains and fall in the open fields. He”will make known my holy name among the people of Israel and will not let anyone bring shame on it. Israel will use the wood from their weapons for fuel. It will take seven months for the people of Israel to bury the bodies of their enemies and cleanse the land.

God will have mercy on all Israel, for he jealously guards his holy reputation.

He will never again turn his face from them, for he will pour out his Spirit upon the people of Israel.

Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Ezekiel 40 – 41.

Stitching Up a Storm

I spent most of today working on my messenger bag and defrosting my refrigerator. I sewed one side of the gusset to the back of the bag. Tomorrow, I plan to sew the flap to the back. I Have to do this stitching during the daylight hours in order to see where the needle goes. This is going to be a neat project once I’m finished.

My sister-in-law finally arrived home yesterday after her grand tour of the eastern part of the country. So glad to have her back.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment