Thursday, September 20, 2012

Haggai and A Busy Laundry Day

 Haggai

If you recall, yesterday, Haggai and Zechariah (we’ll start that book tomorrow) were mentioned as having prophesied to the Jews and, as a result, they started rebuilding the Temple again. Today, we get a broader picture of that prophesy.
Through the prophet, God asks the people why they are living in luxurious houses while my house lies in ruins? He points out that they are planting much, but harvesting little. They eat but are not satisfied. They drink but are still thirsty. They put on clothes but cannot keep warm. Their wages disappear as though you were putting them in pockets filled with holes. He talks about the drought they were having and tells the people to start rebuilding his house.
The people began to obey the message from God and begin once again to rebuild the Temple.
In the second (and last) chapter, Haggai talks about the future glory of the Temple being greater than its past glory and the fact that God will bring peace. Looking at the Middle East right now, it’s hard to believe that Jerusalem will ever know peace.
We are told to pray for the peace of Jerusalem. I hope you try to do this daily.
Tomorrow, we’ll read Zechariah 1 - 7.

A Busy Laundry Day

Today, I went to my cousin Richard’s and did my laundry. It seemed to take hours and I am currently exhausted, but oh so glad it’s done.
Tomorrow, I think I’ll take a break and go to the movies.
Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment