Wednesday, October 24, 2012

John 9:1 - 10:22-42 and More On Moving

John 9:1 - 10:22-42

Today’s reading should put to rest any ideas that people become ill because of sin. Jesus says that the blind beggar was blind so the power of God be seen in him.

And, were the Pharisees happy the man had been healed? Did they see this as the action of a compassionate Jesus? Did they praise God for the healing? No, they complained that Jesus had been working on the Sabbath. When the Pharisees tried to convince the healed blind man that Jesus was a sinner, the blind man said some pretty profound words: “I don’t know whether he is a sinner, … But I know this: I was blind, and now I can see.”

He got a little short with the Pharisees when they pressed him: “We know that God doesn’t listen to sinnersk, but he is ready to hear those who worship him and do his will. Ever since the world began, no on has been able to open the eyes of someone born blind. If this man were not from God, he couldn’t have done it.”

Tomorrow, we’ll read Luke 10 – 11 and John 10:22-42.

More On Moving

Today, after a visit to Dr. Tom, I stopped at WalMart and bought a desk for doing my leatherwork and a bookcase for my leather supplies. I also got some laundry detergent and washed a couple of loads of laundry. After that, Richard and I went to breakfast at Bob Evans, then to Ace Hardware, then to Office Depot. At Ace, I brought a shower massage and at Office Depot, I bought two office chairs (one for the compter and one for my leather work) and a computer desk.  This afternoon I packed up some more stuff from my RV and my friend John loaded it and unloaded it. It weighed a ton. Richard and I unloaded all of the previously moved stuff. Most of what we brought over today won’t have to be unpacked until later.

Tomorrow, I expect to get the rest of what’s in the camper packed and will move it on Friday.

Looking forward to when this is all over so life can get back to normal, whatever that is.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment