Friday, November 13, 2009

Good Intentions

In the last post, I indicated several things I intended to get done today.

1) Buy a set of shelves for my kitchen – I looked over quite a few and found a set of cherry shelves that I thought would be great…until I picked up the box. Weight is such a critical factor that I finally settled for a set of sturdy plastic shelves. See the photos below:

K Cabinet Shelves 1 K Cabinet Shelves 2

As you can see there is about 3 inches of space on the left and 6 or so inches in the front. I’ll have to figure out a way to keep the shelves in place, hopefully without putting any holes in the cabinet.

Incidentally, the shelves are rated to hold 264 pounds.  This should hold more than enough for the pantry items I will store here.

2) Try to find a set of shelves that will work in the bedroom closet. – I found a set, but when I got to the camper, I discovered they were about 1/4 inches too wide. On Monday afternoon, I’ll take the shelves back to Home Depot and try to find some that do fit.

3) Put the shelves together and install in the kitchen. – as you can see from the pictures above, I put them together – it took about 10 minutes.

4) Ditto the bedroom. As you know, this did not happen.

5) Attend a Webinar on linking Picasa with Google maps so I’ll easily be able to keep people up to date on where I am. I misunderstood the description, but did attend the Webinar on Picasa basics – it was very helpful. I should be able to figure it out or will wait til I can take a class or another Webinar.

6) Set up my Solar Panel and plug it into the Duracel Generator.  - I’ll try to complete that tomorrow.

Well, all in all, it was a fairly productive day. I’m very pleased with the shelves in the kitchen. I plan to put some additional organizational items on the shelves in order to break up the space a little more.

Till next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment