Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Feeling A Little Foolish

Today, I spent a little while at my travel trailer, but it was so hot I only stayed there about an hour and a half.

As I mentioned before, the bed has helper tubes that make it easier to pick up the rather heavy plywood cover over the storage area. I was unable to figure out how to get the cover down once I lifted it up.

Today, as I was trying to take the brackets off so I could take the helper tubes over to Camping World to see if they had any suggestions about getting them to go down, I inadvertently leaned down on the top and the tubes just folded down.  

What an idiot i am! (but you probably knew that) -- I never tried just leaning on it; I just kept trying to lift it up to see if it would release and go down.

I think I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted to change the bedroom by making the bed “convertible,” i.e., make it so it would normally be a twin size instead of a double. This was impossible because of where the water tank was.

I then thought I might try to switch the bed 90 degrees and open up a little more floor space (about 20 inches wide…

Today, I decided that could not happen. There is a large storage area to the right of the water tank, but today I discovered that the water pipe goes through that area.

I still have to figure out what type of mattress to replace the icky one I took off. I’d like to get one that isn’t too heavy – this would not only help with lifting up the top of the storage area, but with the trailer weight.

Has anyone had much experience with the Air Beds – How durable are they? Are they comfortable? Do they have to be blown up quite often? Would they work for the long term?

I suppose I could get a Sleep Number bed, but I’m not sure I want to spend that much money or even if they have a double-bed size.

Next time, I hope to show you a floor plan of the bedroom with measurements.

“Til next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment