Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Progress Today

What a beautiful day it was for working outside. It was so nice, I was able to get the following done:
  • Checked the battery to see if the number of volts was still going up -- it is. Last time I checked it was about 11.8 volts; today it was at 12.44 volts. The solar panel was charging at 19.43 volts. I think the battery may just be okay even though it was probably allowed to discharge a little too much before I got the trailer. I'm considering the possibility of exchanging the batteries anyway... I'd like to get two 12-volt AGM batteries - they don't take as much maintenance and don't release Hydrogen gas when being charged.
  • Removed the LP tank cover and two LP tanks (this sounds easy, but I had quite a time unscrewing the hose from the tank... it takes a 7/8" wrench and turns off clockwise). I'll be creating a label that will remind me of this next time I have to take off the tank -- this type of reminder has saved me a lot of time when hooking and unhooking the battery cables -- I just put a label on the underside of the battery cover that says which cable to connect/disconnect first
  • De-rusted the rest of the A-Frame
  • Painted the rest of the A-Frame
  • Started de-rusting the two LP tanks (I couldn't put them back on the A-Frame because the oil-based Rustoleum paint takes 24 hours to dry)
  • Took the two LP tanks up to my house where I'll be able to de-rust and paint them (maybe -- it depends on Mom)

I forgot to take my camera with me today; I was going to take some pictures to post on the blog. On Friday, I'll try to remember to take it.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment