Friday, October 23, 2009

LP Tanks

What a gorgeous, productive day!

I finished de-rusting and painting my LP tanks. Fortunately, I used a spray paint from Rustoleum that dried in about 30 minutes so I was able to put them back on the A-Frame of the camper.

Note the two pictures:
The first picture was taken after I re-installed the LP tanks. It shows the entry side of the camper, complete with awning. The other picture shows the other side of the camper, with the tanks off from the front.
Thankfully, you can't see the dirt on the outside of the camper, but it is there. I'm debating whether to clean the outside next or go to work on the inside. There are a lot of modifications I'm contemplating for the inside, such as adding shelves, cabinets, determining storage, perhaps changing the bigger bed. Oh, so many possibilities!
Since the camper will just get dirty again before I get to use it, I'll probably start on the inside, with the first job of drawing a detailed floor plan with specific measurements.
I did check the battery today and the voltage is up to 13.11. The regulator is supposed to stop charging the battery when it reaches 13.4. (I'll be checking it almost daily to make sure it does that.) Last time I reported that the battery was up to 12.44, but I checked my notes and it was really up to 12.94 (I shouldn't rely on my memory, should I?). It seems to be charging faster as it gets a higher charge. I guess this makes sense since the plates are probably getting more and more de-sulfated.
Today, I ordered a solar generator, which produces 1800 watts of power in full sun. This is much better than a gas generator (except at night or on really cloudy days). It's portable and will be a big boon when I'm boondocking (chuckle, chuckle), i.e., camping without hookups. If you have any interest in such a generator, just check out http://www.rvbackup.com/ It's a little pricey, but you never have to worry about gas cans or even being able to get gas like you would for a gas generator.
I hope you can tell by my blog that I am having a ball doing this work on the camper and anticipating getting it done, to say nothing of anticipating my full-time RVing.
'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment