Tuesday, October 20, 2009

LP Bottles

Yesterday, I read about how important it is that you not let your LP tanks get rusty -- it can destroy the integrity of the tank and could lead to a dangerous explosion.

In view of this, on Wednesday (my next day I can work on the camper), I've decided to take both LP tanks off (which I was going to do anyway) and de-rust them and paint them. Neither has much rust, but it's probably better to take care of it now before it gets serious. I'll just take them off and take them up to my shed for later work.

I'll have to get some White Rustoleum spray paint to use once I've taken off the rust. I'll have to stop in Lowe's or Home Depot or, more likely, Ace Hardware and pick up the paint. I already have the EVAPORUST which is an incredible rust remover.

Isn't it strange how one project can lead to another and another?

I'm looking forward to working with the cool temps we've been having this week. Hopefully, I'll get a lot done.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment