Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Reading is fun and helpful

Today, I received two books in the mail:
  • The Audubon Society Nature Guides: Deserts
  • Woodall's Owner's Handbook: Understand the Inner Workings of All RV Systems.

I really want to spend a lot of time in the southwest, where the main terrain (hear the rhyme?), or so it seems, is desert. I've never spent much time in the desert, except when Mark and I took our trip to Las Vegas and the surrounding areas. What I saw of Arizona, I loved. In fact, if I had seen Arizona before Florida, I'd probably be living there instead.

The author of the other book is Gary Bunzer, also known as "The RV Doctor." I've read a lot of his articles on RV sites online. Not only is he extremely knowledgable about everything RV, he has a way of explaining things that the average, or even below average, schmoo like me can understand. I'm still reading Trailer Life's RV Repair & Maintenance Manual and look forward to filling in some of the blanks when I read Gary's book.

I have always contended that you can learn how to do anything by reading. I guess we'll see if I'm right.

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment