Friday, May 4, 2012

II Samuel 5:11 – 6:23 and I Chronicles 13-16 anjd Myu Phone Is Working

II Samuel 5:11 – 6:23 and I Chronicles 13-16

As you were reading these passages, were you reminded of the rules God gave to Moses about how the Ark of the Covenant was to be moved? It seems that David finally came to the realization that the Kohathites were supposed to carry the Ark of the Covenant. There were rings through which they put wooden carrying poles and they were to carry it. There was nothing said about putting it on a cart and moving it that way. I wonder why David didn’t remember that the first time he tried to move it. The text doesn’t say so, but maybe he had someone do research as to why there was the problem moving it. In I Chronicles 13:13, he says “Because you Levites did not carry the Ark the first time, the anger of the Lord our God burst out against us. We failed to ask God how to move it properly.”

Did you find it strange that King Hiram of Tyre built David a palace. It seems that, because of this, David realized God had confirmed him king over Israel.

David was very successful in fighting the Philistines, but then he didn’t go off without consulting the Lord. He did what God told him to do.

What a wonderful time the Israelites had as the Ark of the Covenant was carried into Jerusalem! Did you notice the references to Asaph and Heman. Of course, this move or at least David’s response to it caused some friction between David and Michal. She berated him for “skipping about and laughing with joy.”

I loved David’s song he sung when the Ark arrived. God’s faithful love does indeed endure forever.

Tomorrow, it’s Psalm 1 – 2, 15, 22 – 24, 47, and 68.

My Phone Is Finally Working Again

This afternoon, I finally got my new iPhone to replace the one that was not working. I only lost a few pictures so far as I know right now.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment