Thursday, May 10, 2012

II Samuel 8 – 9 and I Chronicles 18 and The Lucky One (for May 9, 2012)

Once again, I lost my Internet connection and, although I had this written, could not post it. I’m trying again this morning.  I hope Bright House gets out here soon – this is very frustrating.

II Samuel 8 – 9 and I Chronicles 18

II Samuel 8 and I Chronicles 18 are almost word for word alike, although I think II Samuel was probably written before I Chronicles 18 since it refers to Solomon melting the bronze that was taken from Hadadezer and molding it into a great bronze basin called the Sea.

It’s clear that David’s army was formidable, but we know that David won because the Lord was on his side. I was somewhat turned off by the the fact that David crippled all but the chariot horses required for 100 chariots (perhaps as many as 1000 or more) captured from Hadadezer, to say nothing of the fact that he measured off groups of Moabites and executed 2 groups for every group he left alive.

However, my heart was warmed at the care David offered Saul’s remaining grandson, Jonathon’s son, the crippled Mephibosheth. Loyalty and promises were obviously very important to David.

Tomorrow, it’s Psalm 50, 53, 60, 75.

The Lucky One

Today, I went to AMC to see The Lucky One, starring Taylor Shilling, Zac Efron, and Blythe Danner.What a great movie! If you get nothing more out of it than a new appreciation for our veterans, it’s worth the price of the film. IT is a touching story – take your Kleenex.

I also went to the second half of my leather class where we worked more on the purse we started last week. I’ll post a picture once I get it finished.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment