Monday, February 1, 2010

Manatees

Today, while Maria from Right At Home Plant City was with Mom, my brother Jeff, sister-in-law Kathy and I went to lunch at Westshore Pizza (our second trip there in 3 days) then drove over to the TECO plant on Big Bend Road to see the manatees that shelter there during the cold months. Water temperature there near the plant is over 80 degrees while the Gulf temperature is only 67.

There were easily more than 50 (FIFTY) manatees there swimming lazily around in the water, occasionally lifting their nose out to breathe. If you have never been there to see this incredible sight and you are within a day’s drive, you should come to see them.

This is the first year I have seen so many manatees – from past experience, I’ve only seen 20 or 30 at one time. Of course, this winter has been so much colder than normal.

On Another Note…

Mom had a choking incident this morning. It was very scary, but she finally was able to get rid of whatever was stuck in her throat. I was sure glad I wasn’t here alone for this.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment