Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mom’s New Jewelry

I’m sure you have all heard of ear rings, but have you ever heard of ear forks? A better analogy might be where people use the ear to park their pencil; Mom decided to use it to park her fork. I could not resist grabbing my camera so you could share a smile with me, a bit of humor in this very grim situation.

Moms New Jewelry 1 

You can see from the fork that she had been using it., which is a good thing. I guess she needed a free hand so she could drink her DanActiv.

Speaking of a free hand, I took this picture of Mom’s hand this morning. As you can see, she is literally skin and bones.

Moms Hand 1

Some of you probably wonder why I put these types of pictures on the Internet. I hope no one thinks this is disrespectful. While some bring a smile, they can also bring a tear.  Most of Mom’s family and friends are scattered in the Northeast. This helps give them an accurate picture of her condition.

Funny, after days of sleeping, Mom’s now having trouble sleeping. She was awake all night and is still awake at 11:15 am. I don’t know where she gets her energy, because she is still not eating very much.

Hope you all have a great week. Thanks again for your prayers and support.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment