Thursday, February 18, 2010

Use of Washcloth #3

Besides a cloth to be used for washing, when I was a child, Mom would use a folded washcloth to cover my eyes while she washed my hair.

Well, imagine my surprise when I discovered that Mom had found a new use for a washcloth:

Mom With Washcloth-1

In several posts on this blog, we’ve seen Mom cover her head with various items. Today, it was the versatile washcloth, or as Alton Brown would call it a real multi-tasker.

Why do you suppose she does this? Is it to keep people from seeing her or to make it so she doesn’t have to look at me? Or is there some other reason I haven’t thought of?

On a more serious note, she fell again today, but as usual didn’t hurt herself. The Hospice nurse stopped by to check her out after I called them. Her blood pressure was great. Her heart rhythm was steady. She and Mom had a rather mangled conversation, with Mom impressing Michelle with a bunch of words Michelle hadn’t heard before.

My biggest concern right now is that Mom just doesn’t eat enough. She doesn’t like anything she used to and, of course, with no teeth, she’s limited in what she can eat.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment