Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Morning – A Start of A New Week

At this moment (we got up about 4:30 am and Mom ate a pretty good breakfast), my insomniac mother, who is covered by two blankets, is sleeping in her chair. She spent the night entertaining me with shouting, screaming, singing, talking, etc. etc. Hopefully, the rest of the week will be better.

She was up and very active all day yesterday.She even dried some dishes. I wish I knew where she gets her energy; she rarely eats and as far as I know, has no access to amphetamines. I could sure use some – energy, that is, not amphetamines.

I did manage to put about 60 books for sale on eBay this weekend and have already sold one. It was difficult because I had to pop up and chase Mom quite a few times.

On Friday, while Rosemary was here with Mom, I went to Walmart and bought Mom a couple of pretty nightgowns with a gift card she got for Christmas. She loves pretty things and wants to wear them all at the same time. This leads to a few battles.

Today, while Maria is here, I think I’ll find a boring movie and sleep through it. It’s likely to be too cold out to park the car somewhere and sleep.

On Another Note…

Did anyone catch the Daytona 500 yesterday? Delay! Delay! Delay! I wonder how many viewers they lost because of a pothole. It didn’t look like anyone left the stands, but then they paid a lot of money for their seat, unlike the TV audience.

I’m really enjoying The Survivors Club, the book I spoke of before. Ben Sherwood tells some incredible stories of survival that really support his theories about how we can survive even the most potentially challenging circumstances. I recommend this book to everyone. It’s much more interesting than you might expect.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment