Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Jeremiah 46 – 48 and Another Leather Class

Jeremiah 46 – 48

Today’s passage shows that the Lord did not just give messages for the people of Israel, but also for Egypt, Philistia, and Moab, mainly messages of destruction and humiliation. He refers specifically to Amon, the god of Thebes and all the other gods of Egypt, to Chemosh the god of Moab and how these false gods will not be able to help them. Instead these false gods will be hauled off to distant lands. These folks found out that all of the idols they had created with their hands were worthless. How could they think otherwise? That an idol fashioned by the worshipper could have any power is ridiculous.

Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Jeremiah 49 – 50.

Another Leather Class

This afternoon, I have another leather class, this tie one on making motorcycle tool bags. Until I checked out the schedule today, I thought it was for motorcycle saddle-bags, but I guess that may not be true. I’ll find out today what we’ll be making.

I’m still working on the handles for my sewing-machine case. I’ve had to re-cut a couple of pieces that didn’t turn out the way I expected.

McLeod’s Daughters

Today, I finally finished watching the final episode of McLeod’s Daughters – a show set on an Australian farm/property. There were 224 episodes, but I watched all of them.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment