Monday, August 6, 2012

Zephaniah and Right Side Up

Zephaniah

According to the first verse, Zephaniah was the great-great-grandsons of King Hezekiah of Judah. His message from the Lord came during the time Josiah ruled in Judah. Not only does he speak of great judgment, but also of great mercy.

For example, in verse 7 of chapter 1, he says “Stand in silence in the presence of the Sovereign Lord, for the awesome day of the Lord’s judgment is near. The Lord has prepared his people for a great slaughter and has chosen their executioners.” In chapter 2, he calls the people to repent quickly, “before the fierce fury of the Lord falls and the terrible day of the Lord’s anger begins,” to see the Lord, follow his commands, do what is right, and live humbly.

Specific judgment is called down on Philistia, Moab, Ammon, Ethiopia, Assyria and finally Jerusalem. In fact, he says, “All the earth will be devoured by the fire of my jealousy.” There will be a remnant of Israel who will eat and sleep in safety and the Lord himself, a mighty Savior, will live among them.

Tomorrow, we’ll be reading Jeremiah 1 - 3.

Right Side Up

As I mentioned last week, I’m taking a class at Tandy Leather on making a top hat. I brought the sections we cut out and punched so I could carve and stamp a design on it. Yesterday, I finally decided to carve and stamp a butterfly on it.As you can see by the picture, it turned out pretty well … that is, until I realized I had put the design on upside-down.

smIMG_0542

Well, today, I cut out another piece and just stamped and dyed some sunflowers on it – it won’t matter which side is up.

smIMG_0543

I’ll find some other use for my butterfly eventually.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment