Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Kick in the Fannie

I can’t believe that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are asking for another multi-billion dollar bailout, especially after awarding millions of dollars in bonuses to their executives. I’ve come to the conclusion there is not ONE ounce of common sense anywhere in Washington, D.C.

I tried for 1/2 hour to light my oven this morning and finally had to resort to taking some stuff to my cousin’s house to bake in his oven.

That half hour was quite painful too since I had to kneel on the floor to try to light the pilot. Next time I get it lit, I might just leave the pilot on after I’m done with the oven. Of course, this isn’t going to happen until next year.

A gorgeous day here in Florida. Mild temps, gentle breezes and sun shining.

Today, I finished the book Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles. It was a great book. If you’ve been wondering what might happen if we have an economic collapse, you might want to read this book. I think it was Rawles who wrote the book upon which the TV show Jericho was based. He has also written How to Survive the End of the World As We Know It and Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment