Sunday, November 18, 2012

Acts 7– 8 & Some Pictures

Acts 7– 8

If you ever want a great summary of the history of the Jews, you would do well to read Stephen’s message to the Jewish leaders. He subtly accuses them and infuriates them so much that they stone him. He really knew his Scriptures and followed the example of our Lord in asking God not to charge his killers with their sin. As you can see, a man named Saul was involved in holding the coats of those who stoned Stephen. He “was one of the witnesses, and he agreed completely with the killing of Stephen.”

This incident was the beginning of a “great wave of persecution.” As you can imagine, this resulted in everyone except the apostles being scattered through the regions. Saul played a big part in this persecution, going from home to home, actively pursuing people who loved our Lord. And what was the end result of this persecution? God used what men intended for evil. The good news was spread through the world.

Tomorrow, we’ll read Acts 9– 10.

Pictures From the Party

I promised to show some pictures from teh party Richard and I attended yesterday. They aren’t very good since I took them on my iPhone and couldn’t really see what I was doing. (No comments that it would be the same even if I could see what I was doing- :)

IMG_0623

IMG_0624

 

 IMG_0625

IMG_0628

 

 IMG_0629

IMG_0631

 

A Picture of My New TV

Today, my brother Jeff arrived from Lawrenceville, GA, and brought me a present: a 47-inch LG HDTV. The picture doesn’t do it justice.As I have said beforek, I have the absolute best family and the finest friends of anyone in the world.

IMG_0635

This TV is so great, I might open it up to the public and charge admission.

Tomorrow, Jeff leaves to go back to GA and Tuesday, I will also go there for our annual Thanksgiving get-together.

We all have so much to be thankful for and not just material things either.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment