Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another Lazy, Crazy Day

Sorry for the whining and complaining, but this respiratory problem has really taken the life out of me. This morning was easy, however, since I just had to drive down to Plant City to Jarrett-Scott Ford for my truck’s FIRST oil change; they also put Nitrogen in the tires. Knowing I was heading out for New York this week, they did a very careful check to make sure everything was working okay. I feel very comfortable that the truck will get me there with no problems … well, except the driver, maybe.

When I got home, my cousin Richard was waiting (he had just arrived). We chatted for a couple of hours and then went to Wal*Mart… where else! I needed to get a case for my new laptop, since I had to use the case I already had for my old laptop.

I also got a sleeping bag for my camper’s twin bed. I fully intended to get two bags to zip together for the double bed, but the Wal*Mart associate couldn’t tell me if the bags would zip together and “didn’t have time” to check it out. After I got it home, I discovered that they would zip together. I’ll go back and get two more tomorrow or the next day.

We then had a great lunch buffet at Brandon Hometown Buffet. Small wonder that after that meal, I was ready to just relax. And that’s exactly what I did. I basically just took it easy. I’m hoping that by tomorrow my normal (incredible??) energy will return and I can get a lot more done.

When I think about it, I’m so glad to be retired. It’s great to have the luxury of adjusting my schedule and being able to wait to leave until I feel better. Even the drive to Atlanta can be a bit grueling and I don’t think I’d have been safe to go tomorrow, to say nothing of the fact I still have a bit more to do before I can leave.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment