Monday, June 21, 2010

Definitely On My Way

On Saturday morning, about 9:45, I drove from my home in Thonotosassa to my brother’s house in Lawrenceville, GA. Considering that this was my first real trip with my camper, I have to say that everything went fine.

It only took me about 8 1/2 hours, which is only one-half hour more than it usually does. The camper pulled like a dream: no swaying, very little effect from trucks passing or cross-winds. The only real problem was that it takes twice as much gas as with the truck alone.

My nephews Chris and Greg were home for part of the weekend, so I got to see them. Chris is in the army and Greg is a swim coach. Both are fine young men and we got to talk a little.

My brother Jeff and his wife Kathy just refurbished their kitchen. It is spectacular. They replaced their refrigerator, range, microwave, dishwasher, cabinets, sink and countertops. I was seriously tempted to just sit and look at their kitchen all weekend.

I left their house this morning about 6:30 and arrived in Winchester, VA (almost to Maryland) about 7:15 this evening. Again, the camper drove beautifully. I finally hooked up my tire temp and pressure monitor. That gave me a great deal of comfort, knowing I would be alerted if a tire lost pressure or got too hot.

I had surprisingly little trouble pulling into gas stations. Rest areas were a breeze; I just pulled in where the big rigs park. It’s easy to park within the lines since the lines are so much wider.

Tomorrow, unless something unexpected happens, I’ll finish my trip to my cousin’s in Corning.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment