Thursday, June 10, 2010

Waiting for Buddy

Yesterday, Buddy said he’d be here today to put the spackle on my ceiling. Since he had left his trailer filled with 1/3 of my old roof, I figured he’d come and get it fairly early. Can you believe it didn’t all fall out? I think it would have but they covered it with a tarp before taking it down the highway.

Roof Rubble-1

Before 8 am, I had taken my laundry basket filled with mattress pad, sheets, shorts, socks, towels, washcloths, a box of garbage bags and pillow cases out to the camper. As you can see from the picture, I had to use my hand truck to move it because it was so heavy I couldn’t lift it. I just set it outside the camper door and carried in a few things at a time.

Campers First Payload-1

While there, I unzipped the covers from the two pieces of foam that make up the twin bed, and took down some of the curtains so I could wash them. I kind of ran out of time, figuring I’d better get back in the house in case Buddy called or stopped by.

Well, about 10:30, one of Buddy’s trucks and two of his workers stopped to hitch up the full trailer. They knew nothing about Buddy coming by and suggested I try to reach Crystal at their office. As soon as I got in the house, I called but had to leave a message on the answering machine.

When I hadn’t heard anything by 1 pm, I grabbed my dBay packages to mail and left the house. At Sam’s, I got some charcoal, charcoal lighter, Swiffer liquid, Febreze, wasp and hornet spray, cheese puffs, a case of water, and 9-volt batteries. I also got a neat charcoal holder as you can see from the following picture:

Camper-Charcoal Carrier-1-1

This caddy doesn’t look very big, but it holds a full 20-pound bag of charcoal and is designed to prevent the charcoal from getting wet. I’ve been wondering what I was going to do with the charcoal. Leaving it in the bag can make for a big mess especially after the bag is opened.

Buddy came and spackled over the drywall. He’ll be back Monday to finish up.

I should probably tell any of you who were wondering that I haven’t had any serious repercussions as a result of my new hobby – not even a headache. My brother Ray called to tell me if I fell on my head again he was going to start calling me “Knot-head.” Let’s hope that’s not necessary.

My shoulders are sore if I touch them, but I remembered the advice of the HeeHaw doctor who when told, “It hurts when I do that (touch my shoulder)” replied, “Well, then, don’t do that!” So I don’t.

Tomorrow, it’s off to Disney World with Esther. I’m debating whether to take my camera, but it’s so hot and I’m so lazy – whine whine whine. I guess we’ll see.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment