Monday, June 7, 2010

The Day the Music Really Died

Today, I heard that Roaring 20’s Pizza and Pipes in Ellenton, FL has closed its doors due to lack of business. How sad. Those who played the organ there brought so much joy to so many people. The food was good too.

I’m so glad I was able to get CDs of the music played there. I’ll never forget the first time Mark and I visited there: Bill Vlasik played the William Tell Overture (for those who don’t recognize it, that’s the Lone Ranger theme song) and the trumpets that were right over the place where you picked up your food nearly knocked us out of our seat. After that I think my favorite song was the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. The organ had all of the bells and whistles that added a lot of richness to almost every song.

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

Today, I went to Camping World to get a surge protector and picked up a few other things while I was there, including a 9’ by 12’ patio mat, some RV toilet paper, some rugs for my trailer steps, a knife holder that fastens on the cabinet door, and a smoke detector. After that I went to see the movie Marmaduke. It was okay, but just okay-nothing to write home about.

On the way home, I stopped and talked with our park manager. She said the gusher problem had been fixed and I could plug in my camper.

Since it was raining when i got home, I took a nap. Boy, do I ever love being retired! :)

Later, after the rain stopped, I took my new surge protector out to the camper so I could hook up the electricity. Unfortunately, the electrical outlet I had to use was too close to the ground; I couldn’t use my surge protector. As a matter of fact, I couldn’t even use my 30-amp power line. The electrical box was for a 50-amp connection, but my shore power line was a 30-amp.

Tomorrow, it’s time for another trip to Camping World to get a 50-amp to 30-amp adaptor.

I did get the rugs installed on my outside steps, but managed to poke a hole in my thumb in the process. Thank heavens for band-aids.

Working on the camper is a lot of fun. I’m kind of anxious to get on the road. Next week…

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment