Monday, June 14, 2010

Sorry for the Delay

Before anything else, I want to apologize for taking so long to post another entry on my blog. Unfortunately, I’ve been extremely sick. In fact, I lost my voice for a couple of days and didn’t think I should type either for fear of making my voice worse :)…

On Friday, Esther and I spent the morning at Disney’s Animal Kingdom and the afternoon at Epcot Center. As the day progressed, my voice got worse and worse and I began to feel just awful. Still, we had a great time. It’s always fun being with Esther. We stroll along at about the same pace though it was difficult on Friday to get my breath so I may have seemed a little slow.

I took a lot of pictures (91, in all), but won’t bore you with them. As I’ve indicated before, Animal Kingdom is not my favorite park. In fact, it was my intention to never go there again, but Esther had never been and the park is exceptionally shady compared to the other parks, so I didn’t put up too much of a fight.

I’m still feeling pretty weak so I haven’t gotten much done even thought I’m still scheduled to leave on Wednesday.

I did manage to put the mattress cover on the double bed in the camper, but am having a lot of difficulty getting the bottom fitted sheet on. The bed is surrounded on 3 sides by walls, so you have to crawl on the mattress to make the bed. It was very frustrating and I finally had to leave one of the back corners undone. I’m going to try to finish it later when it’s a little cooler.

Well, I’m going to cut this short and take a much-deserved break. I’ve been doing that a lot the last few days.

Until next time…

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick.
    I use a trick to put fitted sheets on my futon. I would "stand" the mattress up, put the corners on and let it fall back down. It usually works.
    Best wishes for your travels and please be careful.
    Love~Dianne

    ReplyDelete