Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

This morning, I went to AMC Discover Mills to see The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, starring Daniel Craig and Christopher Plummer. It’s a fast-paced movie which pretty much mirrors the book. There is some nudity and a few pretty graphic sex  scenes, but it is a good movie based on a better book.

It was raining again today, but I wore my jacket so I didn’t get too wet or cold. I did get cold after I woke from my hour-long nap, however, but my long-sleeved shirt soon warmed me up.

Since I was up early this morning, I took the opportunity to hem up my fleece pants. It went fairly well, but sewing is still not one of my favorite things.

That’s about it for my day. Hope you’re having a great time during this Christmas season.

By the way, did you hear that Whoopi Goldberg is reported to have said that communism is a great concept and makes perfect sense. She is being pilloried for this, but what people seem to forget is that she said that “on paper” it makes perfect sense. But once you put a human being in power, it shifts. We saw it in Russian, we’ve seen it all around the world.” She had to know this would cause criticism when she made the remarks.

Of course, if people weren’t so human, Communism might work, but people like power and are basically greedy so the reality of Communism is it will NEVER work.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment