Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Wet Tuesday

Today, I dodged the raindrops and finished my Christmas shopping, except for just one item I still have to get. It is a great relief to have it done – did I mention it was already wrapped (well, put in Christmas bags)?

I downloaded several more apps on my Kindle Fire today, including some games: Blackjack, Gin Rummy, Poker, Crossword Lite, and Texas Hold ‘em.

I’m currently read a somewhat interesting book called The Bride Price – not my normal cup of teas. The heroine has already traveled back in time to The Civil War. I think her husband will be next. 

If you have a Kindle and aren’t taking advantage of the free Kindle books, you probably should be. I download between 4 and 8 each day. I have no idea when I’ll get to read them all, but they don’t spoil so I refuse to worry about it.

Today would have been my aunt Iona’s 106th birthday. She was twelve years older than my mother and was a tremendous influence on me and my brothers. She lived right across the street from us and never gave us a hard time about us making ourselves as at home in her house as in our own. I still miss her a lot and find myself repeating things I’ve heard her say or hearing her voice in my ear about various things. When we were young and TV was just getting popular, she let us watch TV with her. Of course, there weren’t that many channels (just 3 and mostly snowy), but we had no problem watching what she watched including Sing Along with Mitch (Miller), The Fireside Theater, and many others.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment