Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Parakeet Named Pete

A picture on Facebook today reminded me of my Aunt Ruth, my cousin Ethelyn and cousin Richard’s mom.

image

For as far back as I remember, Aunt Ruth had a parakeet and she always named that parakeet Pete. Aunt Ruth’s husband, my Uncle Nate, was a terrible tease. He knew how much my Aunt Iona was afraid of birds and, whenever my Aunt Iona would visit, he would release the parakeet from its cage. Aunt Iona would scream and carry on till he put the bird back.

My brother made the best dinner today: BBQ pork ribs, macaroni salad and Waldorf salad. I had to force myself to stop eating. It was that good.

I spent a couple of hours over at Walmart today, picking up a few things, but mostly just enjoying the leisurely walk.

My friend Karen sent me a link to a neat Christmas Card:

MERRY CHRISTMAS  & All the Best throughout

2012 to you and yours!
Click on Christmas Card >>>>>> "Christmas Card"

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment