Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Stinky, Stinky

The title says it all. The inside of my freezer and refrigerator were stinky, stinky. It took two hours to empty the spoiled food into THREE tall kitchen bags, and wash out the fridge and freezer.The freezer actually suffered a little less than the fridge. I don’t know why.

I got it all cleaned out and it was smelling okay, so I turned it back on and went to Publix. After a great breakfast at Waffle House, I spent $165 replenishing the food I had to toss. Of course, since i’ve gotten back, I’ve remembered a few other things I’ll eventually have to buy. By the time I returned, the temperature was where it should be and I put the groceries away, including new boxes of soda for the fridge and freezer..

My cousin Richard and I enjoyed a delicious dinner at Carrabba’s courtesy of my brother Jeff and sister-in-law Kathy. We both had our favorites: his is spaghetti with meatballs and sausage and mine is spaghetti with sausage and meat sauce.

By the way, I read on TheBlaze.com that food prices rose SIX percent last year and are expected to rise again this year. Hope you are all storing some food, even if it’s just buying a couple of extra things whenever you buy groceries. Or, if you can take advantage of buy one get one free and store the free one, that will save you money later.

Sorry to be so preachy and pessimistic about this, but if the economy tanks even more, things could get really dicey.

Happy birthday to my nephew Chris. (I should point out that this and my dinner with Richard has nothing to do with “Stinky, Stinky.”)

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment