Saturday, October 15, 2011

Twelve Essentials

You’ve heard me talk about being prepared. In an email today from Off the Grid News, they listed twelve items to make sure you keep on hand at all times (and in as much quantity as possible):

  • Kosher salt (or sea salt)
  • Olive Oil
  • Coconut Oil
  • Vinegar
  • Black peppercorns
  • Honey
  • Fresh canned tomatoes (We have an assortment of canned fruits and veggies from our garden, but I use tomatoes the most)
  • Garlic
  • Chicken stock or broth
  • Rice
  • Dried pasta
  • A variety of dried beans

I would also recommend that you keep track of the expiration dates on most of these and be sure to use the oldest last.

Sixty Years

Hard to believe that I Love Lucy started sixty years ago today.

My Cousin Tommy

In the middle of the night, while I was NOT sleeping (I got about an hour’s sleep last night), I checked Facebook and discovered a post from my cousin Deb indicating that her uncle Tom (my cousin Tommy) had passed away. Tommy lived in Virginia so I hadn’t seen him in years, but my heart is always saddened when someone I grew up with is taken away. Tommy was a great guy and will be missed greatly.

Well, off to bed, hopefully, to sleep.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment