Friday, January 11, 2013

No Cookies Today

Since I had to take my car in to find out why the Check Engine Light was on, I didn’t spend any time testing cookies. Tomorrow morning, I’m scheduled to go to Lakeland with my sister-in-law Esther to see Moody Radio’s The Land and The Book program. Depending on when I get home, I will be testing at least one of the oatmeal cookie recipes. Or, if I wake up at 3 am and can’t go back to sleep, I might test at least one recipe.

There seems to be a little kink in my catalytic converter which is causing my Check Engine Light to come on. The muffler guy recommended just putting up with the light coming on since it is not affecting performance. Next week, I’ll be taking the car in to have a motor mount fixed and to have the pinion seal replaced – not nearly the price tag of a catalytic converter.

I’ve been working today on some goals for this year. This is not really anything to do with New Year’s resolutions, but does give you something to shoot for. I set goals for Health, Finances, Relationships, and Spiritual Life.

For example, I would like to lose at least one-half of the 90 pounds I have to go (that’s 45 pounds for my math-challenged friends) by the end of the year (actually I’d like to lose it by next week, but that’s unrealistic),

In terms of Financial goals, I want to stick to my budget and would like to make a little more money every month – I’m working on a cookbook and want to publish it and some other stuff on Amazon Kindle.

By the way, did you know you don’t have to have a Kindle to be able to buy Kindle books? You can download the app to your PC and read them on your computer. Kindle books, since they don’t involve paper and storage, etc., are sold for about half the price of the hardcover or paperbacks. You might want to keep that in mind when it comes to getting my books on Kindle.

Well, I think I’m going to go take a nap (finish the Janet Evanovich book I’m reading and play a little Scrabble until I get sleep).

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment