Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today

Today, I paid my rent, took my rental car back, attended a very dull home owners’ association meeting and went down to Brandon so I could:

  • Deposit some checks in the bank
  • Shop for a Kitchen Aid at Bed, Bath and Beyond – got almost $70 back from my 20% coupon
  • Go to Spun Gold Jewelry at Regency Square Mall to get a new battery in my Mickey Mouse watch – I went to Jared’s first, but they only send them out and it takes a couple of weeks

I figured I had better get a decent stand mixer since I have 24 cookie recipes to test, to say nothing of all of the other recipes where the mixer will come in handy.

The recipes I’m going to try tomorrow are my Aunt Ruth’s Date Cookies and my mother’s Ginger Snaps, not to be confused with the Extra Spicy Ginger Snappers recipe I got out of Gale Gand’s cookbook. I’m hoping I like my mother’s as well as Gale Gand’s, but since there’s no cayenne pepper, I don’t hold much hope.

I’ve been spending the early evening fighting with Windows 8 again, trying to re-install iTunes. Supposedly, the iTunes installer is running, but I see no evidence of it. It took all night last night to un-install the old version of iTunes, which is ridiculous.

When I stopped at Carroll’s Sausage and Country Store, I picked up some apples – a new variety I had never heard of before – Honey Crisp. If you ever come across them, be sure to try them. They are wonderfully fresh and crisp and the flavor is outstanding.

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment