Saturday, January 12, 2013

The Land and The Book

This morning, after testing my Uncle Floyd’s Oatmeal Drop Cookies, I went with Esther to the Heritage Baptist Church in Lakeland where we watched the taping of two shows for The Land and The Book that is on Moody Radio. It was very interesting. One of their guest told about the many Muslims who are having dreams that Jesus is visiting them and reaching out to them. There have been hundreds, if not thousands of conversions as a result. He wrote a book called Dreams and Visions about some of these experiences.

After that, we went to the Olive Garden at Lakeland Mall for lunch. Delicious!

By the way, the oatmeal cookies were delicious: spice and crisp even though the batter was quite moist. They had allspice, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in them, some of my favorites.

Tomorrow I’ll be testing two kinds of my mother’s oatmeal cookies. I’m also going to put a meatloaf in the crockpot and have bought sweet potatoes to go with them. I do not really like sweet potatoes, but this is my vegetable I’m determined to like before the end of this quarter. With the meatloaf, I’ll also be able to sneak in some vegetables (carrots and celery) that I am not that fond of and apple, which I am fond of. I’ll also use onions, garlic, green and Jalapeno peppers in the the meatloaf. Is your mouth watering yet?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment